The Sentinel area police log for Aug. 18:
Carlisle Police (243-5252)
• A green Mongoose BMX bike was stolen from the 200 block of East Louther Street on Aug. 16. Police said the bike is missing a pedal and has broken hand brakes. Police seek information.
• Scott E. Robinson, 31, of Carlisle, was charged Aug. 16 with misdemeanor disorderly conduct after police say he was running in and out of traffic on East High and North Bedford streets at 5:30 p.m. Aug. 15. Police said Robinson was arrested Aug. 16 on a warrant after being accused of running in and out of traffic through the whole block of East High Street, causing a hazard to himself and numerous vehicles. A traffic backlog was also caused, police said.
• A vehicle was damaged after an unknown suspect put water and sugar into the gas tank in a parking lot in the 100 block of North Bedford Street between Aug. 11 and 12. Police said the owner attempted to drive the vehicle, which had broken down. The damage was found by a mechanic during inspection. Police seek information.
• Money totaling $150 was stolen from an employee’s wallet while they worked at Project Share, 5 N. Orange St., between 9 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Aug. 15. Police seek information.
• A large flatscreen TV was stolen from a home in the 200 block of South Pitt Street between 4:30 and 7:30 p.m. Aug. 13. Police said the suspect entered the home through an unlocked door and stole the TV while a child slept upstairs, It is believed that the TV may have been sold to someone the same day, police said. Police are following leads which may lead them to the location of the TV, but encourage anyone who may have purchased a TV matching the description to contact them for resolution. Anyone found in the possession of the TV may face charges for receipt of stolen property, police said.
• Meghan E. Crist, 25, of Carlisle, was charged with misdemeanor simple assault and summary harassment in the 1100 block of Redwood Drive at 12:26 a.m. Aug. 13. Police said Crist assaulted a 42-year-old man, who had visible injuries to his head and back. The man stated that Crist jumped on him and began striking him with a cell phone, police said.
Middlesex Township Police (249-7191)
• Jewelry was stolen from a home in Regency Woods North Trailer Park after it was broken in to on Aug 16.
Silver Spring Township Police (697-0607)
• Michelle T. Bitting, 27, of Camp Hill, was charged with misdemeanor DUI, DUI highest rate, fraudulent registration, summary driving on a suspended license and driving without registration on Aug. 10, Police said the vehicle was pulled over for having an expired registration and Bitting was found driving and intoxicated.
• Kenneth E. Cline, 52, of Harrisburg, was charged Aug. 8 with felony retail theft, misdemeanor theft by deception and criminal attempt to theft by deception after two incidents in July at Wal-Mart, 6520 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg. Police said on July 18, Cline returned a pair of boots that he picked up off of a shelf and did not pay for. He received a gift card for the fraudulent return. On July 27, he attempted to return a cell phone case that he picked up off of the shelf and did not pay for. The return was denied and he walked out of the store without paying for the item, police said.
Hampden Township Police (761-2609)
• A vandalism incident was reported in the 1900 block of Monterey Drive on Aug. 18.
• A theft was reported in the 200 block of Beaver Drive on Aug. 16.
• A theft was reported at Armitage Gold, 800 Orrs Bridge Road, on Aug. 13.
• A theft was reported in the 1400 block of Summit Way on Aug. 9.
West Shore Regional Police (737-8734)
• Brandon K. Schroll, 37, of Harrisburg, was charged with misdemeanor DUI in the 200 block of Walton Street, Lemoyne, at 1:25 a.m. Aug. 15. Police were called to the area for an unknown person attempting to get into a home. When police arrived, they found Schroll attempted to leave in a vehicle, police said. He was found to be intoxicated and arrested.
• Brian S. Collare, 43, of Lemoyne, was charged with misdemeanor DUI in the 700 block of North Front Street, Lemoyne, at 12:58 a.m. Aug. 10. Police said the vehicle was seen leaving its lane and was pulled over and Collare was found to be driving and intoxicated.
• Kadiatu Bangura, 21, of Camp Hill, was charged with misdemeanor DUI and DUI high rate on North Front and Stella streets, Wormleysburg, at 1:57 a.m. Aug. 2. Police said the vehicle was seen weaving in and out of traffic and was pulled over also for an expired Ohio registration. Police said Bangura was found driving and intoxicated. A passenger, Karly A. Schmidhamer, 23, of Wormleysburg, was charged with summary disorderly conduct and released to a relative.
East Pennsboro Township Police (732-3633)
• Rafeeq M. Bush, 21, of Summerdale, was charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia on at Central Penn College, at 1:15 p.m., Aug. 14. Officers were called for a report of people smoking marijuana. Police said Bush was found in possession of a small amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• James R. Hall, 64, of Boiling Springs, was charged Aug. 14 with three misdemeanor counts of DUI controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance, summary driving on a suspended license with a blood alcohol content greater than 0.02 percent and vehicles turning left after an incident at 12:30 a.m. July 7. Police said the vehicle was pulled over for failing to yield the right of way while making a left hand turn in front of a motorcycle, and Hall was found driving and intoxicated.
• Rabanne H. Armstrong, 26, of Harrisburg, was charged Aug. 14 with misdemeanor false identification to law enforcement after an incident at 2:30 a.m. July 24. Police said officers were investigating a suspicious vehicle that was occupied by Armstrong. Police said Armstrong repeatedly provided false information to officers. He was arrested and identified.
• Jeremy N. Sell, 25, of Enola, was charged Aug. 14 with misdemeanor criminal mischief after an incident at 6:42 p.m. Aug. 1. Police said Sell caused $2,000 in damage to a vehicle.
Shippensburg Police (532-7361)
• Police are looking for an unknown vehicle after a hit-and-run incident in the 300 block of Walnut Street at 10:27 p.m. Aug. 13. Police said the unknown vehicle side-swiped a parked car and then drove off. Police seek information.
State Police at Carlisle (249-2121)
• A blue Trek 820 mountain bike was found at the intersection of Broad Street and Ocker Lane, Southampton Township, at 4:28 p.m. Aug, 17. Police seek information.
• A goat was found wandering on Interstate 81 Southbound near mile marker 38, Dickinson Township, on Aug,. 16, Police seek information.
• April R. Phillips, 35, of Carlisle, was charged with felony burglary, criminal trespass, misdemeanor theft and receiving stolen property after an incident at a home on Pine Road at Stuart Road, Dickinson Township, between 5:35 and 6 p.m. Aug. 15. Police said Phillips entered the home and stole cash.
State Police at Newport (567-3110)
• A 25-year-old woman reported she was raped by a person known to her at an unknown location in Perry County between 2 and 7 a.m. Aug. 17. Police are investigating.
• The driver’s side rear window of a vehicle was smashed in the first block of Spriggle Hollow Road, Saville Township, between aug. 12 and 17. Police seek information.
• A Centre Township man was scammed out of money in an incident on Royer Road, Centre Township, at 3:28 p.m. Aug. 15. Police said suspects claiming to be from PPL Utilities had the man send money via telephone stating that if he did not comply his power would be shut off.
• Several handguns were stolen from a home on Shuler Road, Carroll Township, between Aug. 13 and 15. No force was used to gain entry, police said. Police seek information.
• A diamond ring and $15 in quarters was stolen from a home in the first block of Rowe Drive, Tyrone Township, between 9 a.m. Aug. 13 and 7 p.m. Aug. 14.
• The grass of a yard in the 600 block of Mountain Road, Greenwood Township, was damaged between 8:30 p.m. Aug. 14 and 6:30 a.m. Aug. 15. Police seek information.
• A vehicle was stolen from the 400 block of Covered Bridge Road, Saville Township, at 10:50 p.m. Aug. 13. The vehicle was later recovered by the Mount Holly Springs Police Department on Aug. 14.
• Four people were injured in a crash on Route 322, Reed Township, at 1:36 p.m. Aug. 9. Police said Shaina R. Horne, 22, of Dauphin, was driving a 1994 Ford Explorer, attempting to make a left turn from the Pilot Truck Stop onto Route 322, when she pulled into the path of a 2006 Chrysler 300, driven by Zachary L. Zellers, 21, of Hamburg. Horne’s vehicle came to rest and Zellers’ vehicle went into opposing traffic, coming to rest off the road. All four, Horne, a passenger, Zellers and his passenger, were taken to Penn State Hershey Medical Center for moderate injuries. Newport, Duncannon and Halifax EMS assisted on the scene.
• No injuries were reported in a rollover crash on Windy Hill Road, Carroll Township, at 7 p.m. Aug. 8. Police said Devon L. Parmelee, 20, of Carlisle, was driving a 2010 Mazda Speed 3 north, when he lost control around a curve, thee vehicle went into a yard, hit a utility pole, hit a tree, hit an embankment and went airborne and overturned onto the driver’s side. Parmelee and two passengers were uninjured. He was charged with not driving at a safe speed, not driving on roadways laned for traffic, careless driving, driving without inspection and driving without insurance.
Article source: http://cumberlink.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/sentinel-police-log-for-aug/article_5378d0da-2703-11e4-92ad-001a4bcf887a.html